Tournaments represent a system of combats of one type, same for all players, with a competition in certain field, often for players of one level. Each player of combat level 3 and above can participate in tournaments. The participant needs to pay the admission fee only once. Afterwards, he or she can enlist for tournament challenges anytime the arena is open, as many times as the enlisting counter allows.
1) Tournaments are held daily at 8:00~3:00 (24h system) server time for several days, the info about upcoming or current tournaments can be viewed at the Tournaments page of the Battles menu.
2) Enlisting for challenges takes place in Periods, usually every half an hour at H:00 and H:30, and lasts for 10 minutes. You may check these periods on desired tournament page when it becomes active.
3) The system arranges opponents among other participants during the last minute of enlisting. If there is no opponent to be found, the lord is rejected from the current challenge automatically.
4) All tournament battles have rates for higher experience and skill points.
5) The system will not let a participant get transferred to the next combat level after reaching the necessary amount of experience. This feature allows the player to finish the tournament of his or her current combat level. The experience will still accumulate. However, if the player takes part in any combat aside the arena, that combat will level the lord up regardless of the combat results.
6) Players are allowed to participate at different combat levels in one tournament within one tournament cycle. Obviously, the lord would need to reach the next combat level after finalizing his or her participation at the current one, and then enlist again at his or her current level by paying the admittance fee.
7) Winners of each tournament are determined by points gained; there are 3 awarding places in total. If there are several participants with equal amount of points that took awarding places, they will split up the reward.
8) During any one tournament, two players can battle each other only once.
8.1) Multiple characters of one player are allowed to participate in one tournament, however, the player has to make sure they do not face each other in one combat. Thus, multiple characters of one player should not enlist in arena challenges during the same Period.
Each tournament has its own limitations on allowed ammunition, total number of battles and defeats. Thus, if the player does not fit the ammunition requirements - he or she cannot enlist for tournament challenges. If the number of carried out or lost combats has reached the limit, the player cannot participate in the tournament at current combat level anymore.
Tournaments are divided into three types by admitted ammunition:
1) "Unarmed". Lords can only enlist for challenges with no artifact equipped at all.
2) "Standard". Lords aren't admitted to the arena unless they have a minimum set of equipment which is determined by the sum of AP (ammunition points) of worn artifacts. Only shop artifacts are allowed. Enchanted artifacts (Enchanters' guild) are allowed, but the enchantments have no effect on this arena.
3) "Free-for-all". Lords can enlist regardless of the items they currently wear. Enchantments do have effect in these types of tournaments.
Types of tournaments
This tournament features 1 vs 1 duel challenges. During the tournament, two characters can face each other in the Arena only once. Each victory grants 1 point. Defeats or draws do not yield points.
This type of tournament features group 2 vs 2 battles only. Any lord may choose to take part in tournament combats as random participant or a preset team.
To participate as a preset team, your partner must be added to your friends list, and then chosen as partner when enlisting in the tournament. Enlisting as preset team will be completed only if both partners enlist as team with each other within a short period of time.
To join as random participant, select that option and enlist.
It is possible to participate as both within one tournament cycle, there are different credits and rewards for random and preset team participation.
For players' commodity, there is an additional chat room during Paired tournament periods, where players may find partners for preset teams. To access it, click the "Look for partner" button on tournament page.
Participants who successfully passed the Commanders' guild trial receive 1.2 guild points per victory in tournament combats (defeat does not yield guild points).
Paired Tournament Plus
This type of tournament features the same combat system as Paired Tournament, but the awards are given out differently.
Paired Energy Tournament
This type of tournament features the same format as Paired Tournament except for the following:
- Units are recruited into your army by spending crystals;
- Talents are ignored;
- Faction skills and faction levels are ignored;
- Only shop artifacts may be equipped, and any enhancements are ignored;
- Crystals must be spent on recruiting units and/or boosting their stats so that no more crystals are left available to spend;
- The starting number of crystals depends on the lord’s level. Every morning before the tournament resumes, the number of crystals increases for all contestants regardless of their number of victories, so that all battles and tactics change from day to day for every combat level.
This tournament features unique group battles with random player allocation, which are not easy to organize under usual circumstances. For instance, during this tournament, a level 5 Lord and a level 15 Lord might appear together facing three Lords of combat level 9. The teams are allocated in such a way that the battle is as interesting and balanced as possible for each team. After each combat, the coefficients of power are automatically corrected to avoid unbalanced combats in future.
Mixed Tournament Plus
This type of tournament features the same combat system as Mixed Tournament, but the awards are given out differently.
Mixed Dark Tournament
This type of tournament features the same format as Mixed Tournament except for the following:
- Awards are given out differently;
- Six approximately equal-strength lords are matched together, accounting for their factions and combat levels;
- The combatants’ nicknames are hidden.
Blindfold tournament uses blindfold battles as a template: 6 players, "every one for oneself" battle types.
Since 6 characters need to enlist in order to start a tournament combat, up to five last enlisted characters may be rejected. Those who enlisted earlier have better chances to get into battle.
Any given group of six participants can encounter in one combat only once. The first to leave the battlefield gets 0 points, the second - 1 point, and so forth with the winner being awarded 5 points.
Each character gains a new parameter for the duration of the tournament, which gives evidence of the player's tournament participation efficiency. This parameter is visible to every participant of any tournament combat. The formula for this parameter is
[efficiency] = [tournament points gained] / [number of tournament combats] / 5 * 100%.
If a player does not take offensive actions continuously, the troops begin to act independently. In order to reduce the probability of troops' waywardness or to regain control over independent ones, it is necessary to move, attack or use an ability with them.
There are certain peculiarities with this tournament type:
- Current combat id is concealed;
- Tournament combats are concealed in the battle list;
- Tournament combats are not displayed in combat logs until the tournament is over;
- Participants' nicknames are concealed in combats;
- Tournament combat replays are only available to its participants;
- Participants who successfully passed the Commanders' guild trial receive 0.3 guild points per tournament point;
- There is a neutral Darkness tower on the arena. Every time it gets its turn, it casts a random Darkness school group spell (except Decay) targeted at all stacks of the character whose troops count least casualties.
Team blindfold tournament
This tournament is a slightly changed blindfold one. Same template, 6 characters of equal combat level fight in a blindfold arena, however, there are 3 teams of 2 players in each, one being players, and the other two teams being AI groups, the "Alec brigade" and the "Rayzar squad". The interesting point of this tournament is that you do not initially know which of your five opponents is a human player, i.e., your temporary "team member". Player characters still receive 0 to 5 points depending on how long they last on the battlefield; but in addition to personal "efficiency" there is also a "side credit", and only one side which ends up getting the most total tournament points will get prizes.
As with the blindfold tournament, all combat identification is concealed, and participants who have successfully passed the Commanders' guild trial receive 0.3 guild points per tournament point.
This tournament is PVE-oriented. Players compete fighting off hordes of neutral creatures that attack them non-stop. The battles begin with characters in the middle of the Arena, like a thief ambush event. Swarm creatures come from all 4 sides in waves of 1-4 stacks. After a wave is destroyed, a next one, harder than the previous one appears. The number of waves is unlimited, thus, it is impossible to win the tournament combat; players compete in how long they survive and how much damage they deal to the swarm.
Once every two waves, an Orb of Illusions appears on the arena battlefield. The Orbs are activated once one of your stacks occupies the corresponding battlefield tile. After activating the Orb, you will benefit of a random effect such as: additional creature stack; allied stack resurrection; extra shots to shooters; mana recovery to character or creature stack; attack or defense increase of a stack.
Orb of Reinforcement
Additional stack of allied creatures steps into the arena
Orb of Resurrection
75% of perished creatures are resurrected in active stack
Orb of Ammo
Active stack receives 5 shots if it is a shooter
Orb of Mana Replenishment
Active stack receives 25 mana if it is a caster, otherwise the character does.
Orb of Attack
Active stack increases its attack by 10
Orb of Defense
Active stack increases its defense by 15
There is an allied Lightning tower on the arena. It discharges a "Chain lightning" spell targeted at one of the enemy stacks if three turns after each wave appears, there are still remnants of that wave on the battlefield.
Each player has only five attempts in total. The amount and order of ambushing neutrals is the same in all combats for all players of a given level. For that reason, for the duration of a Survival tournament it is impossible to view other players' combats or replays. Each player is rewarded according to his or her results not only at his or her combat level, but faction as well. Thus a perfect strategist would be able to win the tournament up to 5 times at any given level, if he or she gets the highest score with every faction attempted.
Results are not cumulative, only the highest score will be counted per faction.
"Mana recovery" talent and "Spirit link" used on Vampires have no effect in battles of this tournament.
This fun tournament allows all players to compete at how well they know certain faction and certain class. It will feature survival-like tournaments with waves of incoming creatures, but faction, class, army, stats and talents are preset for all characters of their combat level regardless of their current faction.
Players have 5-9 attempts (may differ in each individual insight tournament) to score highest in any one battle. The amount and order of ambushing neutrals is the same in all combats for all players of a given level. For that reason, for the duration of a Survival tournament it is impossible to view other players' combats or replays. Rewards are separate for each combat level.
Note that regardless of current faction, participants will earn skill points for the faction they represent in the insight tournament.
This type of tournament allows players to practice controlling creatures recently introduced into the game. The combats occur without artifacts, talents, skills and Guild bonuses. Each character of one faction will have an exact same appearance including army sets, regardless of the combat level, their parameters also being absolutely same. Characters of combat level 5 and above can take part in such tournament.
Due to such combats being unbalanced, there are no prizes set nor winners registered. The purpose of this tournament is solely testing the new creatures in play and having fun.
This regular tournament type features dropout system auto-combats where all creatures are controlled by the AI. Combat types are 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3, and ammunition type is free-for-all. Enlisting in this tournament guarantees participation; should there be lack of player characters enlisted, AI "Alec brigade" mercenaries fill in the blank spots.
Each time a tournament combat starts, the player manually settles his or her troops and chooses between offensive and defensive behaviour in combat.
With offensive, melee creatures move forward and attempt to engage in melee combat whenever possible, shooters shoot, lords cast more supporive spells.
With defensive, melee creatures hold back and defend rather than engaging in melee, shooters shoot, lords cast more damaging spells.
Player ammunition is entirely up to the player as long as it is above the minimum AP required for the tournament and has enough durability to endure the maximum amount of battles (up to 5 for 1 vs 1; up to 4 for 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3). Note that Alec brigades can wear enchanted artifacts, just as player characters.
The tournament schedule is as follows:
On the days when other non-regular tournaments are held, the time of quick tournaments is shifted by 10 minutes to XX:20.
|1 vs 1||17:10|
|2 vs 2||10:10|
|3 vs 3||14:10|
After the tournament is over, results are processed, winners defined and rewards distributed.
I. Minor, Blindfold, Team blindfold, Paired Tournaments
1. Empire sets a basic prize and an incentive prize for every tournament.
2. The basic prize can consist of gold and diamonds. The incentive prize can only consist of gold.
3. 20% of all enlisting fees are added to the basic prize. 80% of enlisting fees are added to the incentive prize.
4. Main prize on each level is split into 50%, 30% and 20% and distributed between 1st, 2nd and 3rd places respectively.
5. Incentive prize is split equally between top 10% participants.
In team blindfold tournament, there are two credits, individual and team ones.
For paired tournament, both main and incentive prizes are split in half for random and preset team prizes. After that each of the two halves is dispensed according to paragraphs 4 and 5.
I.I. Paired Tournament Plus
All entry fees contribute to the main prize fund. There is no bonus fund, and no special awards are allocated for the best 10% contestants. Prizes are only awarded to those who reach the required number of victories, in any number of attempts:
Gold: 15 victories with a win rate of 90%
Silver: 15 victories with a win rate of 80%
Bronze: 15 victories.
II. Survival, Insight Tournaments
1. Empire sets a basic prize and an incentive for every tournament.
2. Both prizes consist of gold.
3. 20% of all admission fees are added to the basic prize.
4. 80% of admission fees are added to the incentive prize.
5. Main prize on each combat level is divided into 9 equal parts, by 9 factions. Then each part is split into 50%, 30% and 20% and distributed between 1st, 2nd and 3rd place of each faction respectively.
6. Incentive prize is split equally between top 10% participants of every faction.
Example: 68 Knights, 32 Necromancers, 43 Wizards, 81 Elves, 54 Barbarians, 77 Dark elves and 60 Demons took place in the tournament. Top 6 Knights, Top 3 Necromancers... Top 6 Demons will split up the Incentive prize evenly.
7. 10, 8 and 7 HG points are awarded to 1, 2 and 3 place respectively. Every other top 10% participant gets 5 HG points. The bonus points cannot exceed 15 HG points per character at any given tournament.
III. Mixed tournament
1. Empire sets the basic prize for every tournament.
2. 100% of all admission fees are added to the basic prize to form the main prize.
3. Main prize is distributed between the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place participants in a 50% / 30% / 20% ratio.
More specifically, 1st place players receive 0.5*X gold each, 2nd place players receive 0.3*X each, 3rd place players receive 0.2*X each, where:
I - total amount of players winning 1st place;
| Main prize ;|
II - total amount of players winning 2nd place;
III - total amount of players winning 3rd place.
III.I. Mixed tournament plus
The achievements are available to any hero who collects enough victories, in any number of attempts. The achievement rank is determined by how many times the player is defeated in 20 battles:
Gold: 20 victories with a win rate of 90%
Silver: 20 victories with a win rate of 80%
Bronze: 20 victories.
IV. Quick tournament
1. Empire sets the prize for every tournament.
2. The prize is split into 60%, 20% and 2x10% and distributed between the 1st place, runner-up and semi-finalist teams respectively. Every team then splits their prize share evenly between its members.
Regular Blitz card tournaments are held in Empire taverns. Tournaments start every half an hour, any player to lose a card game drops out of the tournament. The prize consists of three parts, awarded to the winner, the runner-up, and the third part divided equally between two semi-finalists.
Tournament games have a turn limit of 20 seconds, and a game limit of 10 minutes. If the game limit time runs out, whoever has higher tower wins the game. All games are played by Empire Capital rules.
Winners are awarded with achievements to their character information page besides gold prize.
Types and agenda of card tournaments
||Up to 60 min
||00 and 30 min hourly
(when no other
||Golden Deck Tournament
||Up to 70 min
||Sunny City Cup
||Up to 80 min
There are rumours of soon-to-be-held legendary "Empire Cup" – a tournament with a huge prize, which would only be accessible by winners of other tournaments.
Current and upcoming tournaments may be checked in Tavern.