|As life across the Empire carried on as usual, somewhere underneath, in the gloomy depths of the underground caves, preparations for the next secret rescue operation were in full swing. Grammith assured all that everything was ready, and volunteers were standing by waiting for scouts to bring good news. Most had already returned empty-handed, having run into nothing but dead ends and cave-ins, but it was too early to give up until every last of them was back.|
A tribal accompanied by several goblins moved cautiously deeper and deeper into the murky caves. With every new step, darkness was growing thicker and mustier, enveloping him like a glove. It even seemed to suck up the light of his torch, bit by bit – not that a seasoned scout could be flustered by such a primitive optical illusion. Suddenly a terrible roar thundered through the tunnel. The warrior shivered, but kept his cool. Turning around though, he caught a glimpse of his goblin minions running for their lives, their silhouettes quickly dissolving in the dark. The savage spit on the ground in contempt, but decided not to waste precious time and instead chose to delve deeper and study the enemy's position... lest the cowardly creatures’ wailing attract all of the Empire’s eager volunteers to move in.
Brave Lords and Ladies! In a secret message, Warlord Grammith has announced that the next rescue operation in the depths of underground caves has begun! As before, we must preserve complete secrecy and leave our native armies in their castles. What’s different this time is that special underground achievements will be rewarded not only with combat potions, but also with rare artifact parts.
- All Lords and Ladies of combat level 5 and above are invited.
- Character talents have no effect.
- Faction skills and unique racial abilities have no effect.
- Only shop artifacts may be worn in battle.
- Enchantments on artifacts have no effect.
- All participants start with an army of 50 Bowmen and 25 Swordsmen.
- After each battle, 5% of your perished troops are lost forever in case of victory, and 3% are lost in case of defeat (each stack is treated separately).
- You can encounter new units in the caves and get them to join you. If you win in an attempt to do so, the surviving units in the stack plus up to 80% of its perished creatures will join your ranks.
- You can also undertake special tasks to obtain silver, which can be used to improve your units.
- You have the option to choose the strength of the enemies you search for. The number of search attempts is limited and is reset only after you complete a fight. Keep in mind that the stronger the enemy, the more silver it may be guarding and the greater the number of allies that can join you if you beat them.
- Rewards for victories include creature armaments.
- After your army's power score reaches 10,000, for each further victory you will earn points towards the Hunter's Guild.
- After your army's power score reaches 15,000, each victory will be further rewarded with a combat potion, which may be transferred, sold on the market, or used to temporarily increase your stats for 24 hours:
- You may fight up to 10 battles daily. Any unused attempts carry over to the next day(s).
- This rescue operation will last 8 days, through May 22. Two additional days will be allowed for players to complete their remaining attempts, until May 24 inclusive.
Attention! Warlord Grammith has underscored that at such depths, much greater perils await all of us than before. As the fragile nervous system of tribal goblins cannot cope with such a high pressure, you will not meet these creatures during the operation. But since higher risks deserve an extra reward, the accomplishments of each Lord and Lady will be further recognized with rare artifact parts:
For 10 victories: +1 part
For 20 victories: +3 parts
For 30 victories: +4 parts
For 40 victories: +5 parts
For 60 victories: +8 parts
Up to an additional 30 parts may be received based on your contribution to the success of the operation.
If you collect 100 parts of this artifact, you will be able to assemble the fragments into a fully-fledged whole artifact. You will then be able to use this artifact yourself and transfer it for repair or enchantment, but not transfer it for use or rent.
Remember, your key objective in these caves is to meet and keep as many units as possible. The Empire is keeping tabs on the total strength of your army. Leaders of the most powerful armies will be generously rewarded at the end of the campaign.
May you be victorious! Engage!