|While life in the Empire continued to take its course, somewhere deep under it in a gloomy subsoil of underground caves there was a preparation for the next stage of a secret rescue operation. Voivode Grammit was sure that everything was just in place – and hero volunteers were only waiting for a message from scouts. Most of them already came back with nothing, having come across only deadlocks and blockages. But it was early to give up just yet until the last of them returned.|
The steppe barbarian accompanied by several steppe goblins was carefully moving deep into dark caves and with each step darkness around them became stronger and thicker. It seemed as if it was even beginning to consume torch light. But such simple optical deception couldn’t frighten a skilled imperial scout. A sudden terrible roar rushing through the tunnel forced them to flinch, but nevertheless did not deprive of courage. At least, not all of them… The barbarian turned back only to notice the disappearing silhouettes of the scared goblins running away. Having contemptuously spitted out, he decided not to waste time and went further, to study positions of the enemy until all heroes of the Empire, who were waiting for a signal responded to cries of these coward creatures.
Brave Lords and Ladies! In the secret message Voivode Grammit reports about the beginning of the following stage of a rescue operation in depths of underground caves. Conditions are the same – complete secrecy and no personal armies. And special achievements in the course of operation will be encouraged this time not only with combat potions, but also with parts of a special artifact.
- All Lords and Ladies of combat level 5 and above are invited.
- Character talents have no effect.
- Faction skills and unique racial abilities have no effect.
- Only shop artifacts may be worn in battle.
- Enchantments have no effect.
- All participants start with an army of 50 Bowmen and 25 Swordsmen.
- After each battle, 5% of your perished troops are lost in case of victory, and 3% are lost in case of defeat (each stack is treated separately).
- You can encounter new units in the caves and get them to join you. If you win in an attempt to do so, the surviving units in the stack plus up to 80% of its perished creatures will join your ranks.
- You can also undertake special tasks to obtain silver, which can be used to upgrade your units.
- You have the option to choose the strength of the enemies you search for. The number of search attempts is limited and is reset only after you complete a fight. Keep in mind that the stronger the enemy, the more silver it may be guarding and the greater the number of allies that can join you if you beat them.
- Rewards for victories include creature armaments.
- At the end of the operation, the Empire will reward with gold all the Lords and Ladies who have won at least one victory;
- After your army's strength reaches 10,000, for each further victory you will earn points towards the Hunter's Guild.
- After your army's strength reaches 12,500, for each further victory you will earn points towards the Mercenaries' Guild.
- After your army's strength reaches 15,000, each victory will be further rewarded with a combat potion, which may be transferred, sold on the market, or used to temporarily increase your stats for 24 hours:
- You may fight up to 10 battles daily. Any unused attempts carry over to the next day(s).
- This rescue operation will last 8 days, through May 14. Two additional days will be allowed for players to complete their remaining attempts, until May 16 inclusive.
Heroes, beware! Warlord Grammith has assessed that since the fighting would take place many feet underground, the perils would be that much greater. Since the blood vessels of tribal goblins cannot cope with pressure at such depths, you would not meet these creatures. However, the extra risks involved mean that the reward would be proportionately greater too. Empire has officially decreed that the accomplishments of each lord and lady would be further recognised by rare artifact parts.
For 10 victories: +1 part
For 20 victories: +3 parts
For 30 victories: +4 parts
For 40 victories: +5 parts
For 60 victories: +8 parts
Up to an additional 30 parts may be received based on your contribution to the success of the operation.
If you collect 100 parts of this artifact, you will be able to assemble the fragments into a fully-fledged whole artifact. You will then be able to use this artifact yourself and transfer it for repair or enchantment, but not transfer it for use or rent.
Remember, your key objective in these caves is to meet and keep as many units as possible. The Empire is keeping tabs on the total strength of your army. Leaders of the most powerful armies will be generously rewarded at the end of the campaign.
May victory be yours.