|Author||HoTA - new unofficial add-on to Heroes 3|
|First english version of HoTA (Horn of the Abyss) - add-on to Heroes of might and magic 3 was relesed few days ago. It adds one new town (sea pirates theme), some new artifacts and objects on map.|
You can read about HoTA here (also mirror to download):
If you don't have Heroes 3 you can buy them on GOG site:
GOG edition is working under Win7 without any problems.
After instalation on pure sod, or complete edition I strongly recommend to install also HD mod which can be found here:
In HD mod you can play in different resolutions (like 16:9 ratio on laptop) and there are some improvements to game making it more user friendly.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to ask.
|Nice that it's finally available in english :) |
|You are right Magier ;) |
I'm running WoG 3.58f for a long time; both on XP and Win7. Works fine.
The doubts I have though.. I want to install HoTA, but I've understood that new castle will replace Fortress, and Fortress happens to be my favorite castle in HMM3, so... it's a big dilemma)
|[Post deleted by moderator Worf // ]|
|Oh! I am glad to admit I was wrong:)|
The new full version is compatible with Fortress. Actually, I've just downloaded it and playing it atm, it's absolutely fantastic:) The new 256*256 Gigantic maps just made my day.
|Nice that HotA make people happy :)|
Also give a chance to HD mod its really superb!
|Actually, it appeared that HD mod is a must. When I tried to play w/o it, the game often crashed during AI turns. After I applied HD mod and chose a 32-bit True color palette, all crashes stopped. |
|Here is a list of changes in HD mod:|
- fixes some original interface bugs;
- 32-bit color mode support;
- minimap works correctly with nonstandard maps from 1x1 to 255x255
- extended adventure manager:
- 8 heroes and 7 towns in lists, + five buttons from adventure options;
- can view hero's current number of movement points/ maximum number of movement points;
extended army management (OFF in WoG/TE by default, cause incorrect work with creature's exp):
- 17 new buttons on Swap Manager;
- managing army in Hero-Info-Panel on Adventure Manager;
- if moving last army from hero, 1 creature stay with hero and others move;
- quick split/combine/transfer creatures by [ctrl]+click, [alt]+click, [shift]+click.
- Extra buttons ("Load Game" "Restart Scenario", "Main Menu") in the Combat Options dialog;
- Artifact Merchants bugs fix;
- built-in Berserker's CPU patch;
- easy DEF, PCX, TXT, FNT adding/replacing by putting it to \HiResData\Common (which have higher priority than \DATA and LODs)
|Still no one is interested? |
|i will play this, as i'm a big heroes fan.|
|The latest update freezes on windows 8. Trying the HD mod next. |
|Playing 5th map on second HotA campaign :) |
|Tell me how many maps have second campaign? |
|At the moment I am playing a custom H-sized map:) It's so huge that after 4-5 hours of playing I barely managed to explore 1/10 of the upper territory and about 1/20 of underground. |
Is H-size is biggest?
2nd campaing got 6 maps
Y, it's the biggest. Absolutely awesome)
|5th map of second campaign finished, scenario was very interesting, but opponent was easy. Scenario end was very boring......|
I also looked at one G map made by random generator, was awful :( At least I didn't play it - only looked at whole map with a cheat :)
|tried 1 easy map with new town.its great,also HD |